I love blueberries in my baked goods and I am so excited to share this recipe with you all.
Not only is it easy to prep and bake but it is delicious!
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Note: Blueberries can be substituted for raspberries as well. If using frozen fruit, use without fully thawing to avoid discoloration of the batter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, flour and baking powder. Once combined, mix into creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.
Enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe!
– R. Vargas
When I originally started prepping this quiche, I was going off of a Pillsbury recipe but then started improvising after the first two steps.
Even though this was my first attempt at a quiche, I was very proud and it’s a great breakfast/brunch meal you can eat off of for a few days as long as you keep it refrigerated.
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on the box
- 1/4th cup of mushrooms
- 1/4th cup of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of chopped seeded tomato
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of sliced turkey pepperoni
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
You can change the vegetables to your liking.*
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place pie crust in ungreased 9-inch pie plate as directed on the box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
Chop your vegetables and turkey pepperoni.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese in crust. Top with tomato and turkey pepperoni. Spoon mushrooms and asparagus over turkey pepperoni and drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables.
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and Italian Seasoning.
Pour egg mixture over cheese.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
– Rocio A. Vargas