You may have noticed that even though I am in a relationship, I am very private about it.
While I am very proud and privileged to be with my partner, I do not feel the need to broadcast our relationship and here are the reasons why:
- It is nobody’s business.
This is the primary reason and will always be the primary reason.
- Nobody cares that you are dating. If someone is that interested in your relationship, more than likely it is because they do not have one of their own and if they do, could it be that maybe they are trying to compete?
While there are some people who are genuinely happy you are dating, there will be several bitter ones who try to stay close for the wrong reasons. Be careful.
- I choose to not broadcast every single thing because I know there are many great men and women who view my content whether it is my blog, Instagram, Snapchat, or just talk to me on a personal level who yearn for a special someone but who have yet to make that connection. It is very difficult and hurtful to see someone or hear someone constantly throw their relationship in your face.
You do not have to act like you are single or never speak of your partner, maybe just limit yourself and put their feelings ahead of your own.
- I feel like when you constantly broadcast what and who you have, it backfires on you. Whether it’s a breakup or you leave room for someone wanting to interfere in your relationship. It all causes damage. So again, I limit myself and set boundaries. Social media can be great but it can also be very dangerous when involving your partner.
- I truly feel that if you have a great partner, a great relationship and you are truly happy, you’re not going to need to post or constantly talk about how happy you are. People will know, people will feel that love when they see it.
Real recognizes real.
If you have to constantly put your business out there, who are you trying to convince? Others or yourself?
Remember these are my personal beliefs and opinions, you do not have to agree with me or like what I said.
– R. Vargas
A simple and sweet photo session photographed by the talented Jannet Medellin.
– R. Vargas
Today marks Javier’s and I’s six month anniversary.
While I know it’s not a huge milestone, it’s still something special to us because of the history we have.
We thought we’d share a little of what we have learned from dating in the last six months.
- “Dating has been a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I knew it would be difficult but I had no idea at how hard it would be.”
- “There will be days where you want to quit, you want to give up, you want to go back to being single but those days will be outweighed by all the great days that have happened and that have yet to happen.”
- “People won’t respect your relationship, not everyone will be happy. People will try to interfere, you will lose friends. BUT none of that will matter to you. You don’t let anyone ruin your relationship. Not family, not friends, not strangers, not exes, no one.”
- “Personally I’ve learned to be more organized. More patient.”
- “I feel humbled. I think before we started dating officially, I thought it would be a breeze but I know there’s a lot of work involved.”
- “I’ve learned to be more grateful and I’ve tried to be more thoughtful.”
Here’s to six months and hopefully many more to come!
All photos were shot and edited by Jannet Medellin.
Since I have started dating, I have been trying to make everyday occasions just a little bit more memorable.
While I was on Pinterest I came across a pin that led me to The Dating Divas blog. I noticed all the cute crafts and Date Night ideas they had so I figured I would make my own basket too and surprise my boyfriend.
I printed the printables ahead of time to plan out my set up.
Once I figured out what I wanted to keep and what I didn’t need, I went to my local dollar store for candy and I even found boxed candy like they sell at theaters. I also found a red platter to hold the Concessions.
I didn’t spend a fortune on the candy and I went to Central Market for bottled Dr. Pepper so I could place the Soda Pop labels on them. (Dr. Pepper is Javier’s favorite beverage.)
I mentioned to Javier a few weeks before that we should have a movie night and of course he agreed.
I set up my small basket and handed him the Ticket that Admits Two.
I think it’s safe to say he enjoyed it and even though we were just getting together to watch movies, the printables made it that much more cuter.
Thanks to The Dating Divas, you can find those same printables here.