As most of my recipes are, this is a fast and simple recipe to try and even adjust to your liking. I use chicken, onions and sweet peppers but you may want to use shrimp or different veggies.
- 1 lb. of chicken breast or tenderloin cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces of uncooked pasta (I like using Farfalle or Penne)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2 sweet peppers (I chose red and yellow)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Coat chicken with Cajun seasoning and let it sit for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high-heat and sauté your chicken until no longer pink then remove from pan.
- In the same pan, sauté your veggies until they are crisp and tender to your liking. Stir in cream and seasonings and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until it slightly thickens. Stir in drained pasta and your chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. (The cheese helps thicken the pasta up a little more.)
- Top with cheese, more green onions or even tomatoes or basil if you’d like!
From my kitchen to yours,