I love blueberries in my baked goods and I am so excited to share this recipe with you all.
Not only is it easy to prep and bake but it is delicious!
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Note: Blueberries can be substituted for raspberries as well. If using frozen fruit, use without fully thawing to avoid discoloration of the batter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, flour and baking powder. Once combined, mix into creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.
Enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe!
– R. Vargas