I made this recipe for the first time today and I have decided it will be a keeper!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or you can make your own from scratch like me which you can find here
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tablespoon of milk
Heat oven to 350°F.
Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on the package for one-crust filled pie.
Bake about 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
In a large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed or until smooth.
Reserve 1/2 cup in a small bowl.
Add remaining ingredients except the milk to cream cheese mixture in the large mixing bowl.
Beat on medium speed until smooth.
Stir milk into small cream cheese mixture.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell and set aside.
Slowly spoon cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin mixture. Swirl together the mixture for a marbled design.
Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
Cool for 30 minutes and cover loosely and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
A classic fall favorite.
– R. Vargas