Today marks Javier’s and I’s six month anniversary.
While I know it’s not a huge milestone, it’s still something special to us because of the history we have.
We thought we’d share a little of what we have learned from dating in the last six months.
- “Dating has been a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I knew it would be difficult but I had no idea at how hard it would be.”
- “There will be days where you want to quit, you want to give up, you want to go back to being single but those days will be outweighed by all the great days that have happened and that have yet to happen.”
- “People won’t respect your relationship, not everyone will be happy. People will try to interfere, you will lose friends. BUT none of that will matter to you. You don’t let anyone ruin your relationship. Not family, not friends, not strangers, not exes, no one.”
- “Personally I’ve learned to be more organized. More patient.”
- “I feel humbled. I think before we started dating officially, I thought it would be a breeze but I know there’s a lot of work involved.”
- “I’ve learned to be more grateful and I’ve tried to be more thoughtful.”
Here’s to six months and hopefully many more to come!
All photos were shot and edited by Jannet Medellin.