This entry was posted in
- God’s view on slaving for two masters. (Matthew 6:24)
- Jesus wanted people to place their hope elsewhere.
He wanted them to rely on the Source of lasting riches, Jehovah.
- On the Sermon on the Mount, he explained that real happiness and security do not depend on material things, nor our own efforts but on our friendship with our heavenly father.
- Based on the Model Prayer, Jesus taught us to pray, not for financial security but for our daily needs. (Our bread for this day…)
- The only way to attain true happiness and security is to trust in our caring Father, rather than in money.
- Matthew 6: 24-34
- In today’s world, “The goal is to look well off even if they are deep in debt.”
- 1st Timothy 6:8
- Luke 12:15
- Proverbs 10:22
- Jesus invites us to work for an eternal reward. Not material riches.