In case I haven’t mentioned it before, I LOVE planning and crafting in my agenda!
For 2016, I had the, “I AM VERY BUSY,” ban.do agenda.
I chose ban.do and decided to stick with them for the upcoming year because I love the layout and simplicity of their designs. I’m not really all into glitter and sparkles and while they do offer girly-girl items, they do well at keeping it simple for the simple girls.
Over the year, I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks as to how I get creative and decorate in my planner.
Since the 2017 agendas have already rolled out I decided that I would share what I do to make my planner look even better.
Inside you’ll find a page where you can insert your name.
Each month, I think of a different theme and coordinate a color scheme to go with the stickers I place in them.
Crafting in planners can be very expensive so I discipline myself in knowing how to budget.
I color in the calendar with color pencils, buy stickers only from the dollar store and Walmart or purge Michael’s or any craft store for clearance items. I spend no more than $1.99 on stickers. The same goes for washi tape.
Here’s what it looks like after.
I separate the days with more washi tape and place a few more stickers with the same theme and maybe insert a Polaroid to fill the pages up even more.
What really fills up the pages are my appointments, work schedule, writings, to do lists, doodles, etc.
I try to include a motivational quote to get me through the week or at least stay positive if it’s been a tough day.
I also color code:
- I use a green pen to mark down my pay days.
- I use a purple pen to write down what positive thing happened to me that day and I write something down each day that way I can look back at the end of the week and know that it wasn’t so bad.
- I use a red pen to mark down when financial payments are due.
- I use a blue pen for spiritual related events.
- I use a black pen for everything else.
- Highlighters are used when I accomplish a task.
I plan on getting more colored pens soon.
What tips and tricks do you use in your planner?