This recipe is almost like my banana nut bread recipe but it has a twist of crushed pineapple.
(This recipe makes 2 loaves.)
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine dry ingredients.
Stir in nuts and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients.
Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loafpans.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
| Mrs. Marge Killmon, Annandale, Virginia | Southern Living | 1979 Annual Living |