Two weeks ago, my parents celebrated their 35th anniversary together. While it has been no walk in the park, I am very grateful and fortunate to have both of my parents still in my life and still in the same union.
Over the past year, I have had so many friends get engaged and quite a few have already gotten married.
I personally have always felt that marriage is a heavy subject since you are no longer caring for yourself but you take on the responsibility of taking care of someone else and all that comes with them.
I can’t put into words what a marriage is or what it really means since I myself am not married but a brother once gave a public discourse at my local Kingdom Hall that I really enjoyed and I took a few notes to remind myself of a few things when it comes to marriage that I would like to share.
“Show love and respect in your marriage.”
- All we have to do is listen and obey and Jehovah will bless our efforts.
- Ephesians 5:33
- Matthew 11:29,30
- If the husband is too bossy, it becomes a problem for the wife to submit.
- Jehovah created each one of us with specific roles.
- Husbands should take the lead in all matters but always be considerate of his wife.
- 1st Timothy 6:17-19
- Husbands need to make spiritual provisions for their families.
- Take the lead in family worship and out in the ministry.
- 1st Peter 3:1,7
- Jehovah created both sexes weak, women just happen to be weaker.
- Jehovah does not take lightly to the way men mistreat women.
- A wife must sense that she is loved.
- Communication is vital.
- Respect does not come all at once .
- Even after long marriages have taken their course, you should never strive to stop.
- Ephesians 5:24 (Husbands should continue.)
- The wife should help the husband, not compete with him.
- Proverbs 31:17,27
- What makes our husbands happy?
- Capable wife- Proverbs 31
- Hebrews 13:4
- Nagging and complaining will only push your partner away.
- Judges 16:16
- Ecclesiastes 7:7
- The words we choose and the tone we set can build up or break down our marriage.
- 1st Corinthians 13:4-8
- Keep making love grow.