I’ve been wanting to make zucchini bread for the longest but I have a hard time actually finding zucchini’s. I finally found some and tried this recipe for the first time and I was really happy with it.
- 2 small zucchinis (ends trimmed)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of whole of low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
Shred the zucchini using the large holes of a box grater.
Squeeze the shredded zucchini between several layers of paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice together until smooth.
Gently fold the shredded zucchini and yogurt mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until mixed well. Gently fold in the pecans.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 1 hour, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool for 1 hour before serving.