It was my first time making this recipe and I was really happy with the outcome.
Unfortunately I was unable to take pictures of each step like I normally do but this was a fairly simple recipe that you can easily follow without the step-by-step pictures.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of flaked dried coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- shredded dried coconut, toasted, to decorate
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease and line a 8-inch loaf pan.
Sift together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
Stir in the sugar and coconut.
Beat together the eggs, oil, bananas, cream, and vanilla extract in another separate large bowl.
Stir into the dry ingredients, mixing until evenly combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared dish, leveling with a spatula.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until risen, firm, and golden brown.
Cool in the dish for 15 minutes, then move onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Decorate with shreds of coconut and serve.