During the month of April, my congregation had our last C.O visit and talk.
At the beginning of the month my personal life was doing fine but towards the middle of the month, something came up that changed everything.
It was a very heavy and overwhelming situation, one I’ve never been involved in before.
But with careful consideration, heartfelt prayer, and putting my full trust in Jehovah, I overcame my anxieties and doubts.
Looking back at this talk, I feel that Jehovah was giving me spiritual food to prepare me for what was ahead.
Of course I didn’t see it that way before, but I see it now.
Here are my favorite highlights from his last talk:
- It’s important that we not lose sight of our goal.
- Galatians 6:9
- We could be facing opposition, it may be physical or verbal.
- Another challenge is anxiety and stress.
- Psalm 6:6
- Sometimes people may do or say something that brings us to tears because it’s so hurtful.
- The bible says don’t give up.
- Do not become discouraged because of what someone has said or done.
- Matthew 6:19 (As imperfect people we like things.)
- Every single thing we own requires time, maintenance, worries, energy, etc.
- James 3:2 (We all stumble. We get overwhelmed when it comes to our shortcomings.)
- Even if we get overwhelmed with our own stumbling, don’t give up.
- But what can help us to fight those feelings?
- Imitate the mental attitude of Jesus Christ.
- Hebrews 12:2,3
- Jesus realized his life wasn’t about him.
- He realized his entire life was based on Jehovah.
- No matter what obstacles he endured, he looked forward to pursue what Jehovah wanted.
- Jesus was not focused on his pain on the torture stake, he was focused on what was ahead.
- For the joy set before him, we can endure.
- If we are a dedicated servant of Jehovah, we dedicated our life to revolve around him.
- Our life has meaning, purpose, and value when we come to know Jehovah.
- 2nd Peter 3:9 (Jehovah loves us and wants us to succeed. He wants us to live.)
- He is patient with us, the Christian Congregation.
- He is allowing enough time for us to be properly equipped and prepared.
- 1st Corinthians 10:13
- God is faithful to us. He can be trusted.
- He is going to help us endure.
- We have to be confident that Jehovah will see us through.
- He will never let us down.
- We won’t give up no matter what we face.
- Be determined to never give up.
- Do not lose sight of what remains ahead.
At the end of his talk, he brought out a point that will forever be embedded in my heart.
He mentioned that he and his wife have friends who are missionaries and with both couples always traveling and on the go, they aren’t able to get together often. So every few years when they finally do get to see each other in person, they share experiences, fond memories and enjoy each others association.
Our C.O told us that once the time comes for them to depart, they never like to say goodbye.
Instead, the missionary couple tells them, “The faithful will always meet again. In this lifetime or the next, the faithful will always meet again.”