Sweet and chewy cookies that will be an all time favorite.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Preferably 1 to 2 minutes.
Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. (About 30 seconds.)
Mix in the chips and nuts until incorporated.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time, until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then serve them warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
| The America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book |