In 2010 I started working at a well known hotel in downtown Dallas that allowed me to meet so many different people.
From various ages, backgrounds, cultures, all walks of life basically.
During that time I met so many wonderful people who I befriended and they have honestly been a huge part of my life.
I’ve always been known to carry a journal and a camera with me wherever I go, and I have a great passion for listening to others share things with me so I have decided to start a new category entry to my blog:
I have selected that name since my blog is of course Shulammitegirl and I added in the Souls due to the simple fact that every person I deem interesting has a soul.
In this category I will have a picture of the individual, their name, and a few facts about them, all with the their permission of course.
My first entry will be dedicated to KC De Leon whom I met in 2012 at the hotel we worked at together.
KC De Leon — 9/12/12
- Half Hispanic, Half Japanese
- Owns scuba gear in his studio apartment.
- Enjoys tea.
- Was born in Japan.
- Employed as a Dive Master in Japan for two years.
- Only buys necessary things, tries to live a simple life.
- In his own words, “Simplicity is the best thing.”
- Dad is Tex-Mex, mom is Japanese.
- Dad was in the military. (Navy)
- Middle child, has two brothers.
- Attended an International school.
- Lived in Mississippi (Dad’s base)
- Moved to New York afterwards.
- Wears a key chain on his wedding ring finger even though he’s not married.
- Key chain on his finger symbolizes purity until marriage.
- Got the key chain in Florida. (Been wearing it for seven months.)
- Involved in NYSUM (3-4 years)
- Moved to upper New York.
- Worked three years in a Japanese Sushi restaurant.
- Didn’t believe he had a good role model while growing up.
- Was still curious about Japan, wanted to go back but cancelled flight because of September 11th.
- Has been working since the age of 13.
- Grandmother in Japan became very ill so he moved back.
- Got a sports car while overseas and raced in the suburbs of Japan.
- Had a friend who landed a music contract with Sony.
- KC sings, really loves R&B music, can play the drums and acoustic guitar.
- Went to Guam for a photo-shoot with his friend and his band.
- Borrowed a bike and rode around the island.
- Spent two years overseas.
- Came back to the states.
KC has the kindest soul and is so considerate and thoughtful. It was truly a pleasure working with him. I hope he continues to grow as a person and also spiritually.